Question Can someone help me with my phone

himeop

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site
I've been getting some LCD burns in my vivo v2029 and sometimes it shows a white transparent screen for a second then it disappears and when it disappears, it freezes my phone and the only way I unfreeze it is by turning my phone and turning it back on so please help me, i would be very happy if you do so

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, what do you mean by "LCD burns"? Do you mean you're getting screen burn-in?

What's the exact model number of the phone? I couldn't find "V2029", but I did find "V29."

The freezing issue could be due to a number of possibilities. First, try wiping the cache partition, which won't affect your personal data. Follow the steps here, but instead of selecting "Clear Data", make sure you select "Clear Cache": https://www.hardreset.info/devices/vivo/vivo-v29/

Reactions: gandalf458

himeop

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site
By LCD burns, I meant to say is when I stay for an app for too long, the icons in the app gets stuck in my phone, I can only see the icons for my self but when I screenshot it, it's not there

himeop

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, what do you mean by "LCD burns"? Do you mean you're getting screen burn-in?

What's the exact model number of the phone? I couldn't find "V2029", but I did find "V29."

The freezing issue could be due to a number of possibilities. First, try wiping the cache partition, which won't affect your personal data. Follow the steps here, but instead of selecting "Clear Data", make sure you select "Clear Cache": https://www.hardreset.info/devices/vivo/vivo-v29/
I've search my phone brand so my brand is actually vivo y20, sorry for the wrong thing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do the icons that stick on the screen look like how they normally look, or do they look like ghost images? Can you take a picture of the screen with another device and post that? There can be image persistence on LCD screens if the screen is too static for too long, causing "ghost" images to persist for a while. If these images stay on for too long, they can actually burn into the screen permanently. This is why it's a good idea to have your screen time out automatically after a relatively short idle time (i.e., <1 minute).

Here's a video of how to wipe the cache partition on your phone:

Reactions: Laura Knotek

himeop

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site
Do the icons that stick on the screen look like how they normally look, or do they look like ghost images? Can you take a picture of the screen with another device and post that? There can be image persistence on LCD screens if the screen is too static for too long, causing "ghost" images to persist for a while. If these images stay on for too long, they can actually burn into the screen permanently. This is why it's a good idea to have your screen time out automatically after a relatively short idle time (i.e., <1 minute).

here is my lock screen with the white transparent screen glitch or whatever you call it, it has these glitchy square like icons, the second one is without the white transparent screen, the third one has this big lines that go horizontal and the icons is much whiter than usual, by the way, it is now harder to remove the white transparent screen than before

Attachments

• IMG_20240614_155808.jpg
    IMG_20240614_155808.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240614_155821.jpg
    IMG_20240614_155821.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240614_155735.jpg
    IMG_20240614_155735.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6

himeop

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site

also here is a picture that has the chess bots face and name when i played chess earlier and a tiktok "offline video" mark

Attachments

• IMG_20240614_161342.jpg
    IMG_20240614_161342.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6

himeop

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site

i did clear cache but it did not work, the white transparent screen is still here

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's either screen burn-in or a hardware fault with the display. I don't think there's much you can do besides getting the display replaced. Sorry!