Can theLG Viper be unlocked (legally) and used on other networks such as AT&T?

Nogard666

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I obtained an LG Viper today. I was told it was SIM capable by the friend I bought it from, and I took them at their word as I have known them for a while. They told me the people at the local Sprint store said it had a SIM card slot. Well, I think they either lied to her or are idiots as it only has a micro-SD slot, but no SIM slot. I bought it because I was hoping to be able to unlock it and use it in place of my current Fusion 2 on the AT&T network. Is there any way this can be done, or am I just out my cash?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Nope, the viper only carries the bands for sprints network. It also has an embedded sim, removing it would render your phone useless. Sorry for the bad news.

Although you can flash it to page plus, boost, and virgin. If you put it on page plus though, be aware Verizon and sprint only share the 1x band, so you wouldn't get 3g or MMS.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nogard666

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
How do I go about flashing it to Boost? The person I bought it from sold it to me because they are on Boost and was told by their other friend that it could be used on Boost, but she did not know how to do so so she sold it to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463