Can we make phone calls from a Sprint Tab3 7" with 4G LTE?

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks! I just downloaded it and it works great. I had to agree to use Google for my voice mail but that's fine cause I never check voice mails anyway!

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow thanks! I just downloaded it and it works great. I had to agree to use Google for my voice mail but that's fine cause I never check voice mails anyway!

No problem. Its a really good app. I use it for WiFi calling on my cell too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The only thing is, if someone calls your cell phone and you use that number for your Tabs number, will. your Tab also ring as well?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The only thing is, if someone calls your cell phone and you use that number for your Tabs number, will. your Tab also ring as well?

In the settings there is an option to receive calls on multiple devices. It is 'on' by default. I leave it on because once I get home my phone is usually in one room while me and the tab are in another. When I'm finished with my tab or leaving the house I just sign out of the app on my tab.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I have Sprint so unlimited mobile to mobile, normally all the phone calls I receive are from mobile. No minutes taken. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone notice this, in the settings, there's a nice feature that I've been using since I got the GS3.
For those of us that got this tablet for our kids.
You can have multiple accounts, a la Windows! :thumbup::cool:

Attachments

• 1384082409606.jpg
    1384082409606.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 28

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone using the Sprint version of the tab been able to sync up Google voice with the number designated for the tab? I have been trying but no way to confirm my tablet number through Google voice.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone using the Sprint version of the tab been able to sync up Google voice with the number designated for the tab? I have been trying but no way to confirm my tablet number through Google voice.

Are you trying to make phone calls with the GT3?

If that's so, I've been using talkatone since another forum mate recommended it.
It also sends text messages.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.talkatone.android&hl=en&token=0jfc-_Zp

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you trying to make phone calls with the GT3?

If that's so, I've been using talkatone since another forum mate recommended it.
It also sends text messages.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.talkatone.android&hl=en&token=sQOXKR6r

The GT3 through Sprint has a phone number for the account number. I am trying to use that number with Google voice. I already have Talkatone with my existing cell number which is already paired with GV. I am trying to see if I can make a secong GV number.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The GT3 through Sprint has a phone number for the account number. I am trying to use that number with Google voice. I already have Talkatone with my existing cell number which is already paired with GV. I am trying to see if I can make a secong GV number.

I think that phone number is simply for identifying your tab to the network. For instance, my phone has 2 different numbers in the status section of the settings. One is my mobile number and the other is for data.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

You can also use talkatone with the tablet as far as I understand.

Anyway, yes, it will be better if you get another GV # I guess.

The number for the tablet won't work like that.

The number is assigned to it is for data capabilities, like the hotspot mobile, it also has a phone number assigned to it, but that doesn't mean it can make phone calls.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think that phone number is simply for identifying your tab to the network. For instance, my phone has 2 different numbers in the status section of the settings. One is my mobile number and the other is for data.

You are right. I tried to use that number with GV, but I could not verify the number which the verification is sent via text to that number. I did contact Sprint customer service and they saw text messages to the tab number but can not retrieve what was in the message. I didnt know if anyone knows how to get around the sms verification.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
BTW, was someone here or another thread saying they couldn't get the insurance from Sprint for this tablet?

I do have it, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it. :what:
I guess it would be if my kids break it before the 2 year contract is up? :confused:

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
In anticipation of getting my Tab 3, I just installed talkatone on my older Tab 7.0 plus, using a Google Voice number I signed up for in 2010 but haven't used much.
The 7.0 plus is wifi only.

I have successfully made and received calls using talkatone and the GV number. Have not yet tried texting.
I did notice that the volume level was very low when I received a call on the tablet - not sure why yet.

Sprint tablet is due tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
In anticipation of getting my Tab 3, I just installed talkatone on my older Tab 7.0 plus, using a Google Voice number I signed up for in 2010 but haven't used much.
The 7.0 plus is wifi only.

I have successfully made and received calls using talkatone and the GV number. Have not yet tried texting.
I did notice that the volume level was very low when I received a call on the tablet - not sure why yet.

Sprint tablet is due tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait.

The GT3 is a pretty good little tablet. Works better then I expected! 👍😆

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21