Can you use GPS, radio and take a call on the new Evo?

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I currently do this with the original Evo. When I am driving to see clients I use the phone's GPS, listen to music and sometimes a call comes in and everything works just fine. When the GPS is giving instructions the music goes quiet and then kicks on again when it's finished etc.

Is this not possible with the new EVO?

Thanks

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah , do it all the time.I drive for a living and are constantly doing multiple things on my Evo 4G LTE everyday.Just today,was using navigation and listening to my music and sometimes checking Weather Bug all at the same time without a hitch.Sometimes I have the nav going and listening to TuneIn Radio and when a call come's in,it pauses everything and when I hang up,it resumes everything I had going on without any problems. Of course,saying that will probably make my phone explode and catch on fire the next time I do anything. :p

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some of the problems people have been talking about,like my wi-fi disconnecting after its been asleep and waking the phone back up.And I've seen my widgets reload sometime on my home screens.You see it, but it reconnects so fast and the widgets reload so fast that it hasn't been a issue with how I use the phone.I don't like to seeing it though,however so far this phone is far out exceeding my original Evo by a country mile.The ATT guys have been having alot of the same issues on the One X.So hopefully HTC will be quick about a OTA update.But so far I'm very happy with it and its doing what I ask it to do. :D

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Can this still be done? I've been reading that people are having trouble with this. This is primarily what I use the phone for. Thank