Canadian Carrier for unlocked UK samsung galaxy S3 I9300

Donnagh

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I purchased an unlocked Galaxy S3 in the US that is a UK model. I successfully purchased a US Tmobile micro sim and a pay as you go plan and a Mexican Telcel micro sim and pay as you go plan. I am in Canada now and I am in the process of selling the phone to a friend. He told me he went to Virgin Canada and purchased a micro sim and was able to activate voice and text but not data. The clerk at Virgin said that there may be a problem because the phone originates in Europe - it is a I9300 made in vietnam model. Any one have experience with this? I find it hard to believe that there isnt a carrier that can support this phone. Or perhaps info had to be inputted into the phone that the clerk was unaware of? Any help would be MUCH appreciated :)

Omineca

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
These are supposedly the carrier data settings for Virgin (from an XDA forum). Your phone appears to have the right freqencies for Virgin's 3g, so it should just require set up. I've never used anything but vanilla android, so I cant give you instructions to enter the information through Samsung's TouchWiz. Someone else here should be able to.

Virgin Mobile Canada

APN: inet.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC : 302