Cancel your AmazonWireless White HOX order

The Kernel

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how many people on here are waiting for their phone to ship from AmazonWireless, but I know I'm one of the unlucky ones.

As of yesterday, the estimated shipping date for the White HOX is August. It isn't even on their site anymore. I ended up switching my order to the Grey HOX (which is in stock, it's $174.99 but they price-matched the $149.99 from the white model for me).

I don't know what's going on with the white model...I like the look a lot better than the grey one but with another Apple ITC complaint on Monday and the talk of discoloration on some white models, I'm going with grey.

Anyone stuck in the same boat with AmazonWireless?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed Amazon is showing the gray HOX in stock, but no price is posted. Lately I'm not at all happy with their pricing strategy since the savings they offer is minimal. In fact I was contemplating purchasing the GS2 Skyrocket and Monday they raised the price OVER 200% which is crazy for an outdated device. I have no clue what's going on in management there, but they're destined to lose a ton of business.

The Kernel

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed Amazon is showing the gray HOX in stock, but no price is posted. Lately I'm not at all happy with their pricing strategy since the savings they offer is minimal. In fact I was contemplating purchasing the GS2 Skyrocket and Monday they raised the price OVER 200% which is crazy for an outdated device. I have no clue what's going on in management there, but they're destined to lose a ton of business.
It's harder to figure out Amazon's pricing strategy than it is to hack LinkedIn's servers (zing!)

If you "Add To Cart", the price will show up. I believe for most people it should be $174.99.

timjohansson

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to Amazon Wirless about my white HOX order and they said it should ship today or tomorrow. The expected delivery has been June 7-12th since the customs hold up. I ordered it on May 10th.

bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My white HOX that I ordered May 14th, has a delivery 'estimate' of between June 8th and June 15th. I gonna hang on and hope it comes through. If we get to July I'll cancel.

ljm42

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat... ordered on the 15th.

Called them this afternoon, and not getting any real updates. The gray one seems to have appeared out of nowhere yesterday, so I'll hold out a little hope the white will do the same in the next few days.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
AT&T stores in NYC have stock again, for what it's worth. I was able to exchange mine today (was waiting on white units to come in to swap mine).

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. you save a whole $25 by ordering the HOX from Amazon? That gives me HUGE incentive to buy it from them.. hope it's delivered some year and then also hope it works as stated..

Amazon.. if you're listening.. Get a clue and be competitive. Right now there's just NO reason for any of us to do business with you!

My two sense..

The Kernel

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE!!!

If color isn't a total dealbreaker for you, call them and switch it to the grey. They will price match the $149.

I called two days ago, the phone shipped last night before I went to bed and was here before I got up this morning!

It comes with 1.73 though. As soon as I set the phone up, it started installing the update and I'm currently on 1.85!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kravi33895