cannot DELETE a set wallpaper?!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I accidentally set a screenshot as wallpaper on my MotoZ3 phone. I can change it to a different wallpaper but I cannot DELETE it from the screen (I want nothing set there, as it's interfering with the Nova launcher screens I've had for years; I DO have Nova set as my default).

Please, someone, help me to DELETE a wallpaper -- NOT change it to a different wallpaper.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How is it interfering? You say you can change it, so are you saying you just want it to be removed from your selection list?

It's possible that when you create a custom wallpaper, that gets saved to a protected system directory, so you might not be able to completely get rid of it short of doing a factory reset.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you mean how to remove one old wallpaper from Nova's bottom picker that's very easy to do. From Nova long press your home screen, select Wallpapers, long press the old one you want to remove and then tap the trash bin to right.
Screenshot_20211028-123325.jpg