cannot hear or be heard

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
so, when i call someone, they cannot hear me. when someone calls me i cant hear them AND they cant hear me. ive tried restarting my phone, but that didnt work. any suggestions?

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
pulled the battery. still couldnt hear either way. but, when i put the phone on speaker it worked. turned speaker off and the handset worked. kinda. it was really choppy thought.

Koilvr

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue when I call someone they can nit hear me & I can not hear them. It worked fine first 5 days now having this issue. I have to use my iPhone to make calls.

Koilvr

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
But when u turn off & on speaker phone like someone mentioned it's works fine. Anyone think it's a bug? Or is it defective?

AL_M

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
is your bluetooth headset on and sitting in a bag or sitting in your car? Silly question but I had instances when I used to use a headset that the car was close enough and the phone would grab onto the headset and connect and I would make a call and hear nothing totally stumped until I figured it out.

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
no bluetooth headset on. not a silly question, often the best solution is the easiest. went to att and they traded it out for a new one no questions asked.

Spartacus802

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem. Had my phone for about a week now. Last night I go to make a phone call and I can hear the person I called, but they couldn't hear me. I turned on the speakerphone and that worked. I clicked it back to the handset and notta. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll be going to ATT tomorrow to exchange it out.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to check would be the flip setting. See if it's set to go to speakerphone if you flip the phone. Maybe it's getting confused between flipping and activating the proximity sensor.

gamedad

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
go in the settings menu go to call, make sure hearing aids is unchecked, and TTY mode is also unchecked.
smokinHawk hit it right on the head, I went to Menu, Call and unchecked the TTY and Hearing aids checkboxes and all is well again with being heard in phone calls without having to use speakerphone. Thanks smokinHawk!!! :)

tk279

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had same issue twice, swapped out phone for another and duplicated problem..... I had used GPS/Maps/Navigator each time before the phone went into the dumper.... Hard reset after third issue and tried to duplicate problem but seems to be ok.... Still returned the Inspire because too frustrating and lost faith in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024