AT&T Galaxy S8 Cannot load messages from yahoo email

hungvlam

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I have just got an unlocked version of S8 to be used with ATT. When I first installed and setup Yahoo Email app (or the stock Email app), I am able to download my messages, etc... However, when the app is closed or I switch to another unrelated app, when I see new email notification, and click on them, I get the message:

"Failed downloading message" at the bottom of it says "Connection Error". If I go and force stop, delete all cache/data, and uninstall and reinstall, it works again, but only the first time, as long as I switch to another app and comes back, I can't download the messages. It is very frustrated. I even tried other email apps like: BlueMail, or TypeApp. Same symptom. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this with their galaxy S8 and have a solution for it. Thanks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I run Yahoo email thru the Gmail app and have no problem as you described on my S8+. I have not tried either the Yahoo app or the stock email, but what you're doing would also be my solution. You might try clearing the system cache, but not sure if that would help with a connection error. Does it happen over both mobile data and wifi, if you have both?

hungvlam

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thank you. it happened on both wifi and data. I have tried that but it happened again. i donot want to have to do that everytime I have to check email.