Cannot share contacts from Galaxy S9+ with HondaLink

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've spent hours searching the web and trying various advice, then spent over an hour with both Honda and with Samsung and both point their finger at the other and neither has a solution. Apparently, there is an incompatibility between the systems that nobody wants to recognize. Normally the contacts should share automatically when the phone is paired. My phone pairs smoothly as soon as I enter the car (2018 Odessey), but the tab on the dash screen for contacts is ghosted and when tapped, displays a message "Contacts not supported by connected phone."

I've imported my contact into internal storage upon the recommendation that the contacts are locked on the SIM card and then tried to export the vCard files, but the only option offered is again to internal storage. I tried to Share All via Bluetooth and that fails. My contact settings are set to sync from both devices. A couple of points that I wonder about is whether there is a conflict between Honda Hands-Free Link and Android Auto which also seems to come up whenever I go through these processes. Or could there be a disparity between the android 5.5.1 on the Honda and the 8.0 on the Galaxy? I have Verizon 4G service through an intermediary service provider, who also claim no knowledge about the problem.

Help, please. Is there any other method to try or and workaround I haven't found.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac