can't boot after trying to return to stock

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I was messing with some roms and got one that I liked ( nero ) then I was trying to go back to stock and that where I did something wrong. Im in recovery mode and I select reboot seystem and it then shows the vibrant screen then it goes right back to the recovery screen. The only other choices I have is clear cache and reinstall package and delete all user package. So I can't get out of this loop. I think I need to use odin but never had to use it. Is there something I can do without using odin.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was messing with some roms and got one that I liked ( nero ) then I was trying to go back to stock and that where I did something wrong. Im in recovery mode and I select reboot seystem and it then shows the vibrant screen then it goes right back to the recovery screen. The only other choices I have is clear cache and reinstall package and delete all user package. So I can't get out of this loop. I think I need to use odin but never had to use it. Is there something I can do without using odin.

Odin is actually really simple to use, if you look in my signature below i have a link to How to videos, for the galaxy s captivate, look at the 4th or 5th video down shows you how to use odin,,,,but in the mean time ill try to find an alternative solution for you.

Edit:
im sorry it seems all the solutions i find lead back to odin here are some links to help you :
http://androidspin.com/2010/08/09/how-to-restore-or-recover-your-samsung-vibrant/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=734475

Last edited:

Djordan79

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
did you disable the Voodoo kernel b4 you tried to flash back to stock?

u have to do that first because voodoo is 2.2 compatible only and causes problems when it it tries to run on 2.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC