Can't Boot into Recovery

alanwu07

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So I'm *pretty* sure I'm perm-rooted. I turned off temproot on boot on visionary and rebooted my phone several times and it's always able to get into Titanium Backup. All I really wanted with the root is to just OC my Shift to around 1.2GHz, possibly do wireless tether.

My main problem is, I've been looking at all the kernels and such and trying to figure out what to do after I've rooted my phone. I know that you have to boot into recovery, but I can't seem to. Whenever I power on with (power+vol down) and go into recovery, it gives me the Evo icon with the Triangle and exclamation mark. What do I do? And when I do resolve this, how can I install those kernels so I can set my CPU speeds?

Thanks in advance

toddtherod

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I've rotted and re-rooted several times and can't reboot in recovery. I get the same screen as you. What do I need to do?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I've rotted and re-rooted several times and can't reboot in recovery. I get the same screen as you. What do I need to do?

You need to flash recovery. Download ROM manager from the market, open the app and the top you'll see flash Clockworkmod recovery. Just select it and ROM manager will flash it for you.