Can't Bulk Move Screenshots to SD Card

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
My wife has over 11k screenshots. They are stored in the internal storage. She's running out of internal storage. It's set up to stored images and vids taking by the camera on the SD card. When I try to bulk move all screenshots to the SD card, it moves one or two hundred and the stops transferring. I try again and says it failed. I have to reboot to get it to start transferring. But it does same thing and moves a couple hundred screenshots and stops like before. How can I bulk move screenshots? Also, is there a setting to store screenshots when taken directly on the SD card? TIA

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Chances are the SD card is failing (and that's exactly why phones have moved away from them) or heating up (causing the card to 'unmount'). I'd recommend you bulk-move to a computer instead or upload to a cloud back-up service. As for the screenshot save path, unfortunately there is no stock option to modify it.

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
I backed up a couple of thousand camera images/vids to the SD card with no problem before I changed the settings to store them there. But I'll copy them to our PC as you suggest and try to then copy the screenshots from PC to SD card. She wants to be able to see them on her phone. She needs to upgrade her phone (S8+) to a new phone. Going to try to talk her into that first. Thanks for the suggestion.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've found that moving tons of files all at once via USB increases the chance of a data error, so if you use that method to transfer the files to the PC, you may want to consider doing it in smaller batches. Also, make sure you use the COPY command, and not MOVE, because if something goes wrong during the operation, a Move command may still delete the source files, leaving you with nothing.

Reactions: BarbarianCBX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos