Can't Clear User Data on Google App and Its taking up Storage

Blissed

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, Lollipop operating system -

The Google App is taking up a great amount of storage and I can't really clear it.

I went to Application Manager, I tried to clear the Google App Search data, by clearing it where it says "Manage Storage" and then on the next screen .. "Clear Google Search Data". It clears it and then when I back out of that screen it repopulates immediately but with different user data amount all the time (from less than 1 mb to 50 mb) .. and it never really increases my storage space for more than 30 seconds. I have gone back and forth on that screen for an hour and it never ends. it seems that I have a bottomless pit of data that won't be deleted, but not sure that is technically what is going on.

I tried hitting "Clear all Data" in the Google App info instead of "Clear Google Search Data" and it did delete everything and doesn't repopulate immediately and it did increase my storage , but it only worked for about a week. and now I am right back where I started.

Has anyone else experienced this? or know what to do to keep that user data to a minimum? or clear it?

Blissed

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi. The available storage that I have gets impacted by Google User Data anywhere from .25 GB to .50 GB... when I have been able to clear it. My phone came with 8 GB total device capacity, so it can impact my functionality.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, on an 8 GB device, you're going to have increasing problems with low space, since modern apps need more and more memory and storage. Not sure if there's a good solution for this, besides uninstalling other apps that aren't essential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174