Can't download apps from the Play Store

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
can't download apps from the Android Marketwhat do I need to do to fix this problem
Welcome to the forums!

Could you tell us what phone or tablet you have? In the meantime, try clearing the device cache and see if that helps. Open system settings > storage > clear cache. Let us know if that helps or if the problem is continuing.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
stkmagnus is correct that the problem is likely that you are out of space. But I must disagree with his cure.

Cache files should be left alone if possible. They are there to speed up operation, which they do well. Empty caches cannot help. And since they will rebuild, emptying caches wastes CPU cycles and power rebuilding. Also, any space gained is temporary.

Install this simple little app called Storage Truth. It's very small and will install in very limited space. It will tell you how much space you actually have left for installing apps:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=sa.storagetruth&token=HsyZ894q

To make space you can:
Delete texts or emails. If you have a lot saved on the phone, this can help.
Delete or move photos, videos, documents, etc.
Uninstall app updates.
Uninstall apps. I
If you can't move stuff to a SD card, move them to your computer or cloud storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarkarsly