cant get 4g

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone is from the UK--are you in the UK yourself, or in a different country? This can be important because a phone meant for one country won't always be compatible with another country's network bands.

JohnCenaFan

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I am in uk and have a 4g tesco sim i contacted tesco and they say they have activated 4g. I can get 4g using the 4g lte switcher app on google play. but not via LG OS only have GSM/WCDMA (auto) in mobile networks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine has the GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto setting (although a 4G signal is not yet available to me in my area with my network). I'm in the UK and bought the phone from a UK high street store. Where did you buy your device? Is it a D855-EUR version?

Posted via Android Central App

jade2468

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same issue.
Mine is the V10I-EUR-XX
and no LTE option though the phone can handle the LTE.
LG simply blocked this option but it is easy to open.

just type : *#*#4636#*#* ( like a phone number )
Now you are in a special page where you can scroll down and choose the LTE/GSM/CDMA option
this will enable the LTE until you will shut the phone down ( simply type again after restart of phone )
There are also some apps that do the same : try searching for "lte on off"

In some cases you also need to call your provider and tell him you will use 4G so he can open this option for you in the system.

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same issue.
Mine is the V10I-EUR-XX
and no LTE option though the phone can handle the LTE.
LG simply blocked this option but it is easy to open.

just type : *#*#4636#*#* ( like a phone number )
Now you are in a special page where you can scroll down and choose the LTE/GSM/CDMA option
this will enable the LTE until you will shut the phone down ( simply type again after restart of phone )
There are also some apps that do the same : try searching for "lte on off"

In some cases you also need to call your provider and tell him you will use 4G so he can open this option for you in the system.

Screenshot (Nov 23, 2014 10-11-39 PM).jpg

this result when i dial this number *#*#4636#*#*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garyb82