Can't get into Recovery?

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, I was trying to flash the new stock files that Peter has put up on his site. I had ROM manager installed, but before it would let me flash the ROM, it wanted to update my Recovery. I did that, and it is now version 5.0.2 or something.

However, when I try to flash the rom, I get to the bootloader, and it says no image or something up at the top, and if I try to select recover, I just get back to the same screen.

What has happened?

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
That happened to me too. I had a problem with the latest CWM so I flashed back to an older version (i think 5.0.1) and that fixed the problem. You can do it all from within ROM Manager.

Reactions: clindner

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I ended up doing:

using the android SDK:

adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system (taken from here so the system is writable)
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (from here as Way #3 to make it sticky)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
koush recommends reflashing the recovery and rebooting a few times if you have that issue.
i've had it on my NS4G a few times and the wife's Dinc. Never needed to break into ADB to fix though to fix

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83