Can't install ROM with updated CWM

toddw

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I made the mistake of updating CWM to 3.0.0.8 and now I can't load ROM. I've had to go back to completely stock and had a hard time getting root. I tried to revert back to old CWM in Rom Manager but it says Encountered error trying to download. How else can I either get back to old CWM or install another EB01 ROM?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I made the mistake of updating CWM to 3.0.0.8 and now I can't load ROM. I've had to go back to completely stock and had a hard time getting root. I tried to revert back to old CWM in Rom Manager but it says Encountered error trying to download. How else can I either get back to old CWM or install another EB01 ROM?

did you flash with odin?

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
LOL I did the same thing. Flashed 3.0.0.8 via CWM (not ODEN) in prep for SC 2.7. I guess I could just re-flash red through ODEN if I need too, but will probably stay on 3.0.0.8.

I have a fresh 2.6 backup and should not need another...i hope. I plan to wait for Adreyn to put the magic back into the 2.7 ROM. Are there any concerns with keeping 3.0.0.8 on board for now?

CC