Can't install Samsung Gear app on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

SiMonsterrr

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello everybody

I just got my brand-new S3 Frontier (D543) and I try to get it working with my Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (MIUI v 10.0). When I try to set it up, it tells me to install the Samsung Gear app from the play store or apps.samsung.com/gear.

However: When I search the Google app store for 'Samsung Gear', the only thing I find is 'Gear Icon X'.
I find an app 'Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear) in the store, but it says that my phone is not compatible with this version....
I also installed 'Samsung Accessory Service' and the 'Samsung Fit' app, but my watch just seems to be stuck on the 'install the App' screen.

If I try to pair it over bluetooth, the pairing is successful and my watch tells me 'Check your phone for finalizing'... but there's nothing on my phone....

HAAAAALP!

Anybody an idea?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you try from the address or on Galaxy Apps? Unfortunately if your specific device/OS Variation is 'flagged' as non compatible, the only way you'll be able to do it is by side-loading the app APK manually (and that's not guaranteed to work, plus chances are you'll miss out on updates unless you manually re-update/re-install).

You can try that just to get the watch going, but I'd write to Samsung to let them know. Might be an error on their part or they might have a good excuse for flagging that as incompatible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik2069