Can't link my twitter account to instagram

CreoleBoi15

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My instagram account has always been linked to my twitter account from my S3 to the S5 but now I have a Galaxy S6 edge + and I'm no longer able to link my twitter account.

When I go to click the "authorize application" button, nothing happens. I received the login code via text but the screen never advances to the next step. It just sits there.

I do not believe there's an issue with the device however because my accounts were still linked on my old device S5 and working with no problems so just to test it out, I UNLINKED the account, assuming maybe I couldn't be linked on two devices, and tried to link on the edge +... #EpicFail. Tried relinking on my S5... #MoreEpicerFail
Very frustrating. Someone please help

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

ConserveChange

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Having the same problem, anyone figure it out? Nothing on the twitter auth page (see pic attached) is clickable except the cancel button, none of the links do anything, nor does the authorize button do anything when I've entered my username and password. Not sure whether this would be an Instagram issue, a Twitter issue, or some issue with the browser?

Screenshot_20160430-180623.jpg

Joanne_nb

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Exactly the same issue (LG G3 S), got the text with a login code and everything, nothing is clickable... No dice. Nothing I tried worked. Wtf? Anyone?
Seems like only the Twitter page is behaving this way. =/

thewronggrape

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had this same issue with my LG V10 running Marshmallow for over a month now. The only button that does anything on that Authorize App screen is the "Cancel" button. Otherwise, it just sits there on the same screen. I've tried signing out, removing my account, uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing.

Last night again I uninstalled and reinstalled IG (probably for the 5th time), tried it at home and still nothing. Came to work, tried it again, and it worked! Only difference is the network I'm on to connect to the internet. Have no idea why that would make any type of difference, but I'm grasping at straws here. Maybe this will help somebody, but who knows, could have just been a fluke or I got lucky.

P.S. I always get an email whenever I log into Twitter from a new location/device and got one this time saying "New login to Twitter from Chrome on Android". So maybe when I was trying at home, it wasn't doing anything because it recognized the location as some place I already logged in from before and thought I was already logged in? Who knows.

Joanne_nb

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
After several months of futile attempts it FINALLY worked. I'm using the same network btw, using a different one made no difference on my end! I haven't done anything to my phone other than install a few Instagram updates. I wish I had more info to offer but I'm still just as puzzled about the whole thing. It just seems to have resolved itself, somehow. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582