Cant make calls. Says Server unavailable???

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
My Pixel XL today would not make outbound calls. Would ring a few times and then hang up. Server unavailable would pop up on the screen! I tried restarting, deleting cache, resetting network, starting in safe mode and all sorts of random crap. Only thing that fixed it was putting it in airplane mode then back on.

Back to the iphone 7 plus till I get this sorted. Any idea what causes this or is it some sort of bug?

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
My Pixel XL today would not make outbound calls. Would ring a few times and then hang up. Server unavailable would pop up on the screen! I tried restarting, deleting cache, resetting network, starting in safe mode and all sorts of random crap. Only thing that fixed it was putting it in airplane mode then back on.

Back to the iphone 7 plus till I get this sorted. Any idea what causes this or is it some sort of bug?

Known issue...

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

That sounds like a sim card issue. I had that happen to me with my Note 3. I had to replace the sim card.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Was that the original sim from the iPhone? Sometimes it can get messed up while swapping from phone to phone. May work great in one phone and mess up in another.
I would take it to your provider and get it changed.

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Was that the original sim from the iPhone? Sometimes it can get messed up while swapping from phone to phone. May work great in one phone and mess up in another.
I would take it to your provider and get it changed.
That maybe true but why would switching to airplane mode and then turn it back off have any effect.

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. I have a new one on the way just to see but it did this randomly before to me a month or so ago and just started working aging. Sure seems like a bug or software error of some sort.

sacgary13

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Toggling airplane mode off and on forces the device to reregister on the network.

The same thing as powering the device off and on forces a reregister.

Bianca Robinson

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there stoopstroop,

What was the outcome of this in the end? My phone has just started displaying the server unreachable message on incoming and outgoing calls and data dropping in and out. Do you know if the device is faulty?

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi there stoopstroop,

What was the outcome of this in the end? My phone has just started displaying the server unreachable message on incoming and outgoing calls and data dropping in and out. Do you know if the device is faulty?
One of the last updates seem to fix it. I can't say for sure though because I don't use the phone anymore I use my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khansaifsaif