Question Cant send or recieve text messages

mollaaaayyy

Nov 12, 2023
Visit site
Please help! I went in a dead zone last week and when I got back to service I could no longer send or recieve text messages. I have tried EVERYTHING. I contacted Google, samsung, and at&t. Oddly I can recieve promotional texts and my calling and data work still. I'm at a loss. There has to be something that glitched when I hit the dead zone or some setting I don't know about or something!
Edit: I tried safe mode, airplane mode on and off, removing Sim, restarting, resetting networks, switching apps, making sure phone and apps are updated, turning off advanced messaging, turning off rcs chats. That's all that's coming to mind. I am currently trying to use Google messages but it won't work with Samsung messages either. On Samsung messages when I go to the appstore through the app I get a message saying it's not compatible with my device. In settings Samsung messages is not "allowed" to use data or wifi for a network (photos of screenshots) and I can't figure out why, that's why I switched to try the Google one. Not today I was looking at settings I can't remember what and I got an error that chat is not available with my device. (Photo of screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109_023106_Galaxy Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_023106_Galaxy Store.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20231109_022340_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_022340_Settings.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20231111_024929_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_024929_Messages.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It'd help to know what you've tried, so that we don't suggest things you've already tried.

You've already tried Reset Network Settings?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I'd contact your provider, and request a new Sim card. While talking to them, confirm that they have the correct device in your account.
Recently I attempted to use a Verizon/Spectrum Sim in an iPad air 2, but it is not supported on the network. I now use it in a pixel 3.
Do you have a spare phone you can swap your Sim into to rule this out?

mollaaaayyy

Nov 12, 2023
Visit site
I don't but I didn't think about it being. Sim issue being I am revieving promotional messages. 1 thing I noticed though I did the *#4636#* to get to the secret settings menu and I noticed that I had "phone 0" and "phone 1" phone 0 was mine with my number and imei and everything but phone 1 did not have a number but did have an imei and a "connection" so I wonder if that could be something with the sim??
I'd contact your provider, and request a new Sim card. While talking to them, confirm that they have the correct device in your account.
Recently I attempted to use a Verizon/Spectrum Sim in an iPad air 2, but it is not supported on the network. I now use it in a pixel 3.
Do you have a spare phone you can swap your Sim into to rule this out?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Seems like that might be the problem.
If your provider can't help, maybe a factory reset would do it. Of course back up but don't reinstall the odd network settings you have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16