cant transfer photos to SD card

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want to transfer pictures from your computer to your Android (they go to the SD card automatically), just plug your phone in via the USB cable that probably shipped with it. Make sure it connects in Mass Storage Mode. That will enable your computer (assuming you're using Windows) to autodetect your phone as a removable drive and open up a dialog asking what you want to do. Select the option to open the folder and explore its contents. Then you can just create a pictures folder and drag and drop your photos there.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm not understanding the problem you're having transferring files, but I had better luck going through the Media Share program (comes with the phone, blue icon). I have to say that it hasn't been easy for me to figure out files and folders, etc., when I go the the homescreen>settings>SD card. I get weird error messages about a card not being mounted when it is, loading up tons of music and pictures, but no change in the memory (which there is). But, if I play my music through my iSyncr (from the Market) and use the Gallery for my pictures, everything is there and shows up. I'm coming from a Storm so I know it's user error, but I'm not finding this part of the phone to be terribly intuitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tHe_m0n5t3r