Cant update apps in note 9 android 10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I think I might have accidentally changed a setting last week that is causing issues. I have tried the steps outlined in multiple web search of clearing cache restarting things and nothing helps. I dont think its a Android update issue because far as I know I haven't updated in a while.
Is there a way to reset settings without a factory reset or something I can try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be clear, you're saying the Play Store isn't updating apps properly? What happens when you try to manually update them?

Hobo1973

Jul 24, 2022
Visit site
Yes I did the cache and everything that is suggested to try. If I use mobile data it starts but very very slowly, if I switch the wifi it just stops. It was so slow on mobile in fact that I didn't bother to continue.
I always manual update because a lot of apps I cant get rid of n dont want to use or update.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Yes I did the cache and everything that is suggested to try. If I use mobile data it starts but very very slowly, if I switch the wifi it just stops. It was so slow on mobile in fact that I didn't bother to continue.
I always manual update because a lot of apps I cant get rid of n dont want to use or update.

Go to the play store settings and go to network preferences. Check that auto update is set and also change to over any network.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Do you use a vpn ?

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
If it's slow to update over network that means updating is working. It doesnt update when you switch to wifi most likely because you have it set to only update using data. Change the setting to use any network and then try again using wifi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-140526_Google_Play_Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-140526_Google_Play_Store.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 3

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If it's slow to update over network that means updating is working. It doesnt update when you switch to wifi most likely because you have it set to only update using data. Change the setting to use any network and then try again using wifi.
Wi-Fi it wouldn't update and mobile was sp slow was useless according to OP so something is interfering with connection and prime suspect are app cleaners, VPN, antivirus,ad blockers

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Wi-Fi it wouldn't update and mobile was sp slow was useless according to OP so something is interfering with connection and prime suspect are app cleaners, VPN, antivirus,ad blockers

Oh my mistake. For some reason I thought there was a use data only option In Google play, but it's use any or wifi only. My bad, carry on lol