Can't update apps with Play Store

GBotelho

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung S7 and receive Oreo 8 last week.
I immediately noticed that all Android 7 settings I had were gone like folder apps for ex.
After this upgrade, I could update apps only once.

I tried cleaning Play Store cache and data and also deleting my Google account (and add it again) and reverting Play Store to the factory version, but no luck.
Any suggestions or ideas on this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the phone's cache? (From Recovery Mode) Do you have enough space available in internal memory? What happens if you try to install a new app? Does it go through? Have you tried updating while connecting to WiFi AND plugged in? (Not sure why, but sometimes my Play Store freaks out and just 'hangs' on an update download until I do that...)

GBotelho

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have 23Gb free, so it's not a free space issue.
I can't install apps either and on this case, your tip about charging, unfortunately, didn't help me.

I noticed that if I reboot I also lose my settings so I was avoiding on cleaning the phone's cache but as a last resource I might have also to try that.

Thanks, SpookDroid

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you get any error when downloading an app? You shouldn't lose any settings when rebooting; if you are, there might be something else that's wrong with your phone. I'd back everything up and try a factory reset, but it sounds like maybe even your internal memory might be damaged...

GBotelho

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
No error message, just stays with the message "Downloading..." forever and never goes into "Installing...".
Yap, my thought's the same.
Backup and reset to factory defaults.
I suppose that after a major OS upgrade (ex 7.0 to 8.0) that's a recommendation.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reflavius