Question Can't Write To SD Card - Need to Transfer from ONE Micro SD Card To A NEW Micro SD Card ?? How??

DALP1

Dec 22, 2023
Visit site
Hi Guys.

****** PLEASE HELP *******

I have a Samsung Galaxy A53 5G -- with a 256gb Micro SD card in it. (Now full). Although when I plug it into my Laptop it says there are still 4GB's of storage left. Anyway, I have bought a 512gb Micro SD card to Transfer everything over. Trouble is, I now have the following message on my 256gb (showing up on my phone)

QUOTE: "Can't write to SD Card: Your SD card isn't working correctly & has been set to read-only to prevent data loss. Backing up the data on your SD card is recommended" (Unquote)

So; I have bought the 512 Micro SD card.

However , guys? is there a DEVICE that I can buy from Amazon which will TRANSFER ALL OF MY MUSIC, FILMS, PICS and DATA from the 256gb - to the 512gb ?? And do it relatively quickly?

I tried really HARD to Transfer my Data from the 256gb to my Laptop, but I've now run out of space on my Laptop. AND IT WAS SO SLOW!!!!!! I spent ALL DAY just transferring about 100 Record Albums to the Laptop.. The speed is so slow, and its taking forever! And I have HUNDREDS of movies to Transfer over to the new 512gb, so I am dreading this job...

So, surely (?) there must be a device (or a splitter) that plugs into the laptop, whereby one can put one Micro SD card into one slot.... And the NEW (512) Micro SD Card into the OTHER SLOT, and then just let them TRANSFER ALL THE DATA from one Micro SD card to the other AUTOMATICALLY??

I have searched on Amazon, but cannot seem to find anything?

Thanks guys in ADVANCE

DALP

Attachments

• Screen Shot of System UI Message.jpg
    Screen Shot of System UI Message.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys.

****** PLEASE HELP *******

I have a Samsung Galaxy A53 5G -- with a 256gb Micro SD card in it. (Now full). Although when I plug it into my Laptop it says there are still 4GB's of storage left. Anyway, I have bought a 512gb Micro SD card to Transfer everything over. Trouble is, I now have the following message on my 256gb (showing up on my phone)

QUOTE: "Can't write to SD Card: Your SD card isn't working correctly & has been set to read-only to prevent data loss. Backing up the data on your SD card is recommended" (Unquote)

So; I have bought the 512 Micro SD card.

However , guys? is there a DEVICE that I can buy from Amazon which will TRANSFER ALL OF MY MUSIC, FILMS, PICS and DATA from the 256gb - to the 512gb ?? And do it relatively quickly?

I tried really HARD to Transfer my Data from the 256gb to my Laptop, but I've now run out of space on my Laptop. AND IT WAS SO SLOW!!!!!! I spent ALL DAY just transferring about 100 Record Albums to the Laptop.. The speed is so slow, and its taking forever! And I have HUNDREDS of movies to Transfer over to the new 512gb, so I am dreading this job...

So, surely (?) there must be a device (or a splitter) that plugs into the laptop, whereby one can put one Micro SD card into one slot.... And the NEW (512) Micro SD Card into the OTHER SLOT, and then just let them TRANSFER ALL THE DATA from one Micro SD card to the other AUTOMATICALLY??

I have searched on Amazon, but cannot seem to find anything?

Thanks guys in ADVANCE

DALP
Either use 2 microSD card readers or one reader and your phone plugged into the laptop. There is no way to do this quickly.

Also don't finish up and assume everything is fine, keep that old card somewhere safe, because transferring that much data between 2 SD cards something is quite likely to be lost or corrupted.

Reactions: J Dubbs and rvbfan

DALP1

Dec 22, 2023
Visit site
Yes its taking FOREVER! Spent ALL DAY yesterday transferring Music Albums "A's" to "M's" to my Laptop. I found I could ONLY transfer about 14 albums in one go. And 14 albums took about 10 mins to Transfer to Laptop.

Yes I shall definitely keep the old 256gb Micro SD card.

Which is the best MicroSD reader to buy from Amazon? Does anyone have a link? Thanks SO much

VERY GRATEFUL for this SITE!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd stick with a reader from a well-known manufacturer like Belkin or Anker. Stay away from the ones that have a jumble of letters as a brand name, or perhaps have no brand name at all.

Also, it's a good idea to check the integrity of the card before starting to use it, since counterfeit cards are common (especially if they were purchased from a random online seller). Read this: How to Spot a Fake MicroSD Card and Avoid Being Scammed