Car adapter/holder for Optimus

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to share my recent purchase with this community. I have only had my optimus v for a few weeks now, and have really enjoyed its functionality. I was looking for a car holder and had come up short until a few days ago, when I read about arkon mounts.

I purchased both of these products:

Amazon.com: Arkon SM514 Slim-Grip Windshield/Dashboard/Console Mount for BlackBerry, HTC, Motorola, Palm, Nokia, LG, Samsung and Sony Smartphone's: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: ARKON GN042 Garmin Nuvi 8.5-Inch Windshield Suction Gooseneck Mount with 17mm Ball Head: Electronics

I didn't realize it until that day, that arkon's mounts all use the same size ball joint that my garmin nuvi gps uses, allowing me to swap the gps and phone to whatever mount I wish to use.

I can use the short mount to place my garmin on, and the long mount for the phone, or just use the short mount for the phone if I don't want to break out the gps (or use the phones gps).

The fit is awesome, and very solid. I just thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for a decent car mount at a good price and didn't want to settle for a crappy vent holder (I hate these).

Reactions: Nimh27

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My favorite car dock for this phone is the LG Vortex from Verizon. Either get it online Set Your Location or walk into a store and ask for it. They asked to see my phone and then denied to sell it to me because it wasn't verizon, but I threw a fuss. Then they wanted my phonenumber which I denied them too. They weren't too happy when I left, but I was!

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you use this one in landscape, or does it have to be portrait?

The one I recommended in the original post can be rotated 360 degrees. It uses the same style ball and socket set up as a garmin gps (it is cross compatible as well).

So, it you want it to look like the vortex holder you can do that, or you can have it in portrait orientation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61