Car charging question

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally not a huge fan of these car chargers that pull so much power to run a separate device yet still offer 5V/2A+ charging ... but the port can technically handle it, so there's nothing inherently wrong with the setup.

So long as the accessory is made properly (not a guarantee) then there's no fear of damage. The phone itself can handle far more power, so you won't be hurting the phone ... the only Q is if the circuitry in the charger is good and won't fail under the pressure of running both devices. If you've been using it with another modern phone w/o issue, thing won't change when you switch to your Pixel.

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a 4 in 1 Bluetooth FM transmitter car accessory that plugs into my 12 volt. It has a 2.1 USB charging port that I only started using yesterday with my pixel. While charging the phone gets a bit warm but it is streaming music and some other stuff.

Wanting to know if this is safe to use

https://trend-matters.com/products/4-in-1-car-entertainment-device

I think the standard USB ports aren't going to have any issues. It is the USB-C cables and possibly chargers that you need to be careful with.

Just to be clear, by "12 volt" do you mean a 2012 Chevy Volt?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I think the standard USB ports aren't going to have any issues. It is the USB-C cables and possibly chargers that you need to be careful with.

Just to be clear, by "12 volt" do you mean a 2012 Chevy Volt?

I think he just means, 12 volt (cigarette) outlet. I do have a 2014 Volt though. Love the car. Wish it had Android Auto now though. Had a 2016 Cruze as a loaner during inspection and Carplay/AA was pretty cool.

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
^^this. I honestly thought the wclark was being sarcastic or I wouldn't have been so short in my reply. Sorry dude

I didn't count that as sarcastic, just wanton :D. It is after all a great car.

Since the cig lighters are all 12 volt these days, I initially took it to mean you had a 2012 Volt like me. After re-reading I decided that you were talking about something else but wanted to confirm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svtracy