Carrier news - VZ LTE?

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure there probably isn't yet, but is there any info about a verizon launch with LTE? My Droid 2 is painfully slow, and I'm ready for an upgrade :) Bionic only has 512 ram.. It's not enough for my D2 so that's out I guess. This galaxy 2 looks awesome if it hits vz with lte!

forgotmyuser

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there probably isn't yet, but is there any info about a verizon launch with LTE? My Droid 2 is painfully slow, and I'm ready for an upgrade :) Bionic only has 512 ram.. It's not enough for my D2 so that's out I guess. This galaxy 2 looks awesome if it hits vz with lte!

512mb DDR2 ram is better than the Non ddr2 512 on your droid2.

Dave4321

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is getting the chunky single core i510 (Stealth) first. So it will pprobably be a at least until fall when the "Fascinate 2" comes out. Maybe September 9 to make it one year from the Fascinate release.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is getting the chunky single core i510 (Stealth) first. So it will pprobably be a at least until fall when the "Fascinate 2" comes out. Maybe September 9 to make it one year from the Fascinate release.

I agree with this regardless of the leaked Verizon roadmap.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

cq

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Bing contract ended jsyk. Tbolt doesn't have Bing but it isn't a Droid phone.

Didn't the Commando just launch with Bing integration yesterday? Would have been a great phone for my son, but so hard to bring myself to purchase an Android with Bing on it.

cq

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
In addition, I was looking to the Bionic, but would definitely consider this phone. Currently have the OG Droid, and was a little upset that nothing is launching on Verizon with stock Android.

I hear a lot of frustration from Sammy owners about updates. Any reason to think that they will be better with this phone?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They've been great about updates recently. The international Galaxy S1 already had a Gingerbread release, and I'm running a Gingerbread leak. They seemed to have really stepped up their game.

Reactions: cq

cq

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
@ragnarokx thanks for the info. Anyone have a decent idea when this will be out on Verizon?

Have been itching to upgrade for the last few months, but I convinced myself to wait for dual core, and to see if anything interesting was announced at Google I/O.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
For sure, remember, the Samsung Epic got WiMax 4g, so fore sure the majority of these Galaxy S2 devices will get 4g models on each carrier, unless T-Mobile just decides to do what they did with the Vibrant and wait 6 months to make it 4g. These devices will be 10x better with 4g, and even then they are already amazing as hell.

Sent from my Xoom