Case suggestions for 9+ needed

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Losing my mind trying to find something for the new 9+ I ordered.

I have the keyboard/book cover fot my s7fe. It's OK, but I'm not crazy about it, and the edges of it are already starting to fray/deteriorate after just a year. I gather I can sort of use it with the s9+ and will do that for the time being, but really hoping I can find something I prefer. The oem one for the 9+ looks interesting but wowzers the price!

I need to be able to do three things with my tablet, and I sure wish I could find a case that would accommodate all three without breaking completely the bank:

1. It needs to sit flat on a music stand without wobbling around, so no handstrap or significant protrusion on the back (I use it mainly for music stuff, so this is the top priority).

2. I sometimes need a keyboard and ability to convert to quasi-laptop quickly - I don't want to have to completely swap out the case to do this, and don't really want a separate keyboard. It lives in my music bag and having it all in one woukd be great.

3. I occasionally need to hand hold it for relatively long periods, and need something nonslip and fairly light for that. A bumper case would be ideal.

Cases with a double-layer TPU case and handstrap which meet needs for 3 are awkward for 1. The keyboard book case isn't viable if I need to handhold it. Etc.

Currently looking at the Nillikin detachable keyboard/case since it's half the price of the Samsung one, but not (yet) convinced to try 3rd party or bluetooth (last time I did that with an older tablet it turned out to be a piece of garbage that broke just out of warranty and was a total waste of money)

Any suggestions that might be worth looking at?

Last edited:

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
That one is super nice, but never came up when I searched!! It's now listed for just the 9FE+ - are they the same shell/cutouts? This with my existing case for keyboard needs might be an interesting compromise that doesn't break the bank. And it has a secure pen loop! One of my biggest complaints about many of them is they don't secure the pen well (I've lost one already )

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
@notacoach According to the description on the Amazon site, this case fits both the S9+ and S9FE+. Verify by checking the specific Model number version. I really like the security loop for the SPen -- have not misplaced one yet! :)

"[Compatibility] --- Exclusively designed for 12.4 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+/S9 FE+ 2023 tablet (Model: SM-X810/X816B/X818U/X616B)."

Reactions: notacoach

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting for this one by Sahara to arrive (I stupidly ordered the Ultra in error - they're all separate listings on Amazon instead of one listing with three sizes to select and I misread ) - having seen it, I think it will be perfect. Flat back, inside cover retractable handstrap for the occasions I need to hold it, and the bottom part of the PU frame is a velcro wrap which can easily be opened to allow the keyboard to attach as needed. Crossing fingers the plus size has the same construction and will work!

A bit more than I'd planned to spend, but it covers every one of my needs and is still way less than the new Samsung keyboard (and it looks more protective too, since the sides are covered and it's physically secured instead of just magnets ). Here's hoping.

SaharaCase Bi-Fold Folio Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 FE+ (2023) [Shockproof Bumper] Rugged Protection Antislip Foldable Kickstand with Handstrap (Black) https://a.co/d/2Mnp84A

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for this one by Sahara to arrive (I stupidly ordered the Ultra in error - they're all separate listings on Amazon instead of one listing with three sizes to select and I misread ) - having seen it, I think it will be perfect. Flat back, inside cover retractable handstrap for the occasions I need to hold it, and the bottom part of the PU frame is a velcro wrap which can easily be opened to allow the keyboard to attach as needed. Crossing fingers the plus size has the same construction and will work!

A bit more than I'd planned to spend, but it covers every one of my needs and is still way less than the new Samsung keyboard (and it looks more protective too, since the sides are covered and it's physically secured instead of just magnets ). Here's hoping.

SaharaCase Bi-Fold Folio Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 FE+ (2023) [Shockproof Bumper] Rugged Protection Antislip Foldable Kickstand with Handstrap (Black) https://a.co/d/2Mnp84A
That looks like a pretty nice choice. I know it is a "nitpick", but the elastic retainer for the SPen is on the edge of the tablet, not on the dedicated "recharge" space. Will just require you to periodically move the SPen tothe charging slot and then remember ot replace it under the elastic strap.

Hope you like it! Let us knwo how well it meets your needs. Cheers.

Reactions: notacoach

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been living in the internal part of the book keyboard cover and hasnt run out of juice yet (not the back, but inside the spine of the case). Here's hoping! Should arrive tomorrow.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
That looks like a pretty nice choice. I know it is a "nitpick", but the elastic retainer for the SPen is on the edge of the tablet, not on the dedicated "recharge" space. Will just require you to periodically move the SPen tothe charging slot and then remember ot replace it under the elastic strap.

Hope you like it! Let us knwo how well it meets your needs. Cheers.
Alas, won't work. Main issue is the lining is grey and I need it to be black for gigging needs, however it's also a bit flimsy, and while you CAN get it to connect to the keyboard while it's inside the case, it's too awkward to make it worth the hassle.

Back to the drawing board...

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000