Case with Built in Battery?

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was wondring if anyone has heard of a case with an external extended battery? Looking for something along the lines of like a Juice Pack but for the Droid Razr.

Thanks!

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but that kinda looks fugly! lol I was hoping a company like Juice Pack or someone would make a case that makes the Droid Razr look like the Razr Maxx by putting a battery in the spare space between the back of the phone and he hump where the camera is. But at least I was able to find the Razr HD "web-dock "Docking station for $20 on Amazon!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but that kinda looks fugly! lol I was hoping a company like Juice Pack or someone would make a case that makes the Droid Razr look like the Razr Maxx by putting a battery in the spare space between the back of the phone and he hump where the camera is. But at least I was able to find the Razr HD "web-dock "Docking station for $20 on Amazon!

Any snap-on extended battery case for the Razr is going to be ugly. For one, it has to connect to the microUSB port on the top, so there's going to be something sticking out there. Then the cord has to get around the hump at the top, so it's going to stick out to the side or back some. Then it has to attach, and most designs aren't going to resort to adhesive, so it's going to be a wrap-around snap-on design that adds to the size of the phone. If you want something that looks sleek, you're probably going to be stuck with the maxx conversion kit. Especially with the new phones having been announced, development of accessories for the original DRazr is probably going to pretty much come to a screeching halt.

But I'm glad I stumbled on this thread, cuz that case, while not exactly the most attractive, is darned cheap for the function it performs. Being very tempted...

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
At least someone made the one for iPhones look "sleek"
They should of took that hump and made it straight across to add some extra juice.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
At least someone made the one for iPhones look "sleek"
They should of took that hump and made it straight across to add some extra juice.

If you're referring to Motorola, I agree - I would've rather had a flat back to the phone and much larger battery.

If you're referring to the case, it looks like that is essentially what they tried to do, but it did come out looking rather clunky, and it might be a hair thicker than it needs to be. It's also a shame that the top looks like it has a periscope on it. But that's a necessary evil due to the phone's design. In the same way, iPhone battery cases extend the length of the phone, they just tend to do a better job of mimicking the look of the phone so it's not so obviously add-on.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I brought one of these and i had mines for a week now and it works great for my Droid Razr. Battery life is super.
Amazon.com: QQ-Tech? Energy Expert: Best External True 2400 mAh Extended Battery Backup Charger Power Bank for Motorola Droid RAZR XT910 (World First & Best) Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Awesome, but when you charge it from the case does it recognize it as like a car charger or a regular charger? I only ask because it seems mine resets the time on battery when plugged into a regular charger. Also, I noticed you have juice defender, is it really necessary with smart actions? I was thinking about purchasing it but I just made a rule in smart actions that turns the data / wifi off when the display is off and phone idles.