Caution Buying Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite

Gunnarts

May 15, 2012
Visit site
:mad:When I ordered my two new LG Optimus Elite phones from Virgin Mobile one on 5/19/12 the second on 5/19/12 the phone was to include free 50 gb of cloud storage. It was listed specifically under the specs for this model also because they had run out of phones during their pre-order they further added an incentive of an account credit of $35. Well to make a long story short I got shafted, I did get the $35 credit for eack phone but they now deny that this promo ever existed! I have researched this thru my browser and find numerous web sites verifying that the free 50 GB cloud storage was indeed in effect when I ordered my phones but the foreign reps that I am able to just barely understand deny me that this ever existed!!! I hope that others that ordered thier phones expecting this bonus got what they ordered but I certainly was deceived! I sure have a bad taste in my mouth with my first contact with Virgin Mobile lying to me right out of the Gate. All I can say is BUYERS BEWARE of doing busines with Virgin Mobile aka Sprint, who by the way initially offered these same model LG non contract phones in April with the free 50 GB cloud storage!!!!

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe you can still get the 50GB of cloud storage, all you have to do is download the BOX app from google play, and open an account. I got mine. As for the $35.00 I also saw that offer, but I bought my phone from Best Buy so I don't think it applied to me. What I can confirm is the Google Wallet deal that you were supposed to get $25.00 on your account after you activate the service. It's been two weeks for me and I have not received anything.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes the 50GB cloud storage is through a third-party provider, Box, not LG. Download the Box app and you should be good to go.

I believe (don't quote me on this) that the cloud storage offer is applicable to ALL LG Android phones.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes the 50GB cloud storage is through a third-party provider, Box, not LG. Download the Box app and you should be good to go.

I believe (don't quote me on this) that the cloud storage offer is applicable to ALL LG Android phones.

I believe you're right. I tried it with my old opti S but the app was in Chinese or something. I miss that phone a Lil bit.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allen7_75