Cellular Network Connectivity development

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE (final 🤞): My phone (and my bride's) started acting up with abandon a few days ago. Specifically, network issues. I missed a call from my attorney, my brother, and the bride missed a call from our son. Yesterday with TMO technical support, their only solution was the information that a new tower is scheduled to be installed in our area first quarter of 2024. Obviously, that isn't a solution. Secondarily, the tech walked me through the following steps: settings > connections > mobile networks > network operators > select automatically (default toggled on).

He directed me to toggle that off, and when the TMO network populated in the list below to select that.
Restart the device.
After 3 hours, or so, go back in and toggle on Select Automatically. (I did this on both phones)
By doing this, we "reregistered" with the TMO network.

Meanwhile, he performed a network refresh for both of our devices. He was persuaded that we would see marked improvement. Interestingly, while I was on the phone with him, he was looking at my bride's device and noticed she was having real difficulty/instability with the network.

IF this fixes the problem, this is my last post on this subject. If not, we'll pick back up where we started. I hope this information is helpful.
Thanks for that follow-up! What a hassle.:( At least you're getting some decent support from the T-Mo tech people.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that follow-up! What a hassle.:( At least you're getting some decent support from the T-Mo tech people.
FINAL FINAL

The refresh/re-register with the TMO network did not work. As an aside, my bride is a guardian ad litem in the CPS system here in Texas. Last night, one of the girls in her charge called. That call did not come through. Thankfully it wasn't an emergency, and she was able to leave a voicemail. That was the final straw. We moved to AT&T this morning. I'm not angry with TMO and didn't want to make this change. However, this was no longer tenable. This chapter's closed.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Reading through this thread my sister is having the same issue on TMO. She not getting any calls, she can't make calls, her texts aren't coming through and if they do come through it's hours later. They did a refresh and changed out her sims yesterday . The phone worked for a few hours and started acting up again. She has to use wifi calling just to call support .

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Reading through this thread my sister is having the same issue on TMO. She not getting any calls, she can't make calls, her texts aren't coming through and if they do come through it's hours later. They did a refresh and changed out her sims yesterday . The phone worked for a few hours and started acting up again. She has to use wifi calling just to call support .
understood

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I hope your sister won't have to change carriers because of T-mobile being unusable. Please let us know what happens.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope your sister won't have to change carriers because of T-mobile being unusable. Please let us know what happens.
They are sending her a new device. Hopefully, that helps.

She has been with sprint ( tmo) for years, so I know she's not going to want to switch companies.

I'll let yall know whether it all works out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana