Certain contacts not showing up

DrDru

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Certain contacts are not showing up on my phone unless I press the "Search" button. I can scroll through my contacts and see 75% of them, but not the other 25%. I've searched through the forums and even checked to make sure that they're not "merged" with other contacts.

If anyone has any help on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Dru

ivanmacx

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and don't have a full solution yet. However it seems that the ones which don't show up are contacts with duplicate entries. For example I had the same person entered twice in my Google contacts, once with a phone number and another entry with her email address. Those two entries have been linked automatically in Android, but the contact doesn't show up in the list, but does when I search.

Now I've combined those two entries into one, it shows up in the list. I don't know, but I wonder if a similar thing happens with entries linked with Twitter or Facebook.

As I say not a full solution and I know you say the contacts aren't merged with other contacts, but worth investigating further perhaps.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had duplicate entries in my contact list for ones I entered AND were pulled in through FB. I didn't have any of the issues like you guys are mentioning, but, duplicate entries were showing up in my contacts without searching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO