Certain contacts not showing up

DrDru

New member
Sep 8, 2011
1
0
0
Visit site
Certain contacts are not showing up on my phone unless I press the "Search" button. I can scroll through my contacts and see 75% of them, but not the other 25%. I've searched through the forums and even checked to make sure that they're not "merged" with other contacts.

If anyone has any help on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Dru
 

ivanmacx

New member
Sep 9, 2011
1
0
0
Visit site
I have the same problem and don't have a full solution yet. However it seems that the ones which don't show up are contacts with duplicate entries. For example I had the same person entered twice in my Google contacts, once with a phone number and another entry with her email address. Those two entries have been linked automatically in Android, but the contact doesn't show up in the list, but does when I search.

Now I've combined those two entries into one, it shows up in the list. I don't know, but I wonder if a similar thing happens with entries linked with Twitter or Facebook.

As I say not a full solution and I know you say the contacts aren't merged with other contacts, but worth investigating further perhaps.
 
Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
3,000
147
0
Visit site
I had duplicate entries in my contact list for ones I entered AND were pulled in through FB. I didn't have any of the issues like you guys are mentioning, but, duplicate entries were showing up in my contacts without searching.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
943,014
Messages
6,916,892
Members
3,158,777
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO