Change galaxy s8 plus IP address.

Peter Cunningham1

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
So my boss called me in the office to ask what my ip address is on my phone. Apparently someone is downloading movies during work using wifi and they traced it back to an ip address. Usually i wouldnt worry, but i do download movies and tv shows from websites and might have forgotten to turn the wifi connection off while i was at work. i wanna know how i can change my ip without messing up my phone so i can prove it wasnt me regardless I'd rather be safe than guilty... lol

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this helps much, but on a wi-fi setup, the router assigns each device its IP address. And it may change each day as people and phones leave the network and come back on the network and as the router releases the IP addresses of devices no longer connected after a period of time.

Now, I don't know how long that is - if the router reassigns the same IP or a different one to the same device on a different day. Or if just turning off the wi-fi on the phone, then turning it back on reassigns a new IP address. But that's something you can see for yourself.

However. If they are tracking the device name, which is also logged with the IP address given at any moment... then you might have a problem.