Change photo save folder or move existing to new?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a field engineer so I take a lot of photos which need to be uploaded to various platforms through apps. Up until the Android 13 update I had no issues, but now when I go to upload a photo through an app it takes 5-7 seconds for the photos to load where it was basically instant previously. When loading from other photos it's fine so I'm sure it a has to do with the 16,000 photos in the 'Camera' folder. When loading the folder from the gallery it's also fine so I'm guessing it's a change in the API for third-party apps to access storage.

Is there an app or an easy method to move a bunch of images to new folders all at once, or can switch the folder that the camera writes to?

It's not a huge deal but when I have to upload a dozen photos in succession where I have to keep reloading the Camera folder the extra seconds get annoying.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I am a field engineer so I take a lot of photos which need to be uploaded to various platforms through apps. Up until the Android 13 update I had no issues, but now when I go to upload a photo through an app it takes 5-7 seconds for the photos to load where it was basically instant previously. When loading from other photos it's fine so I'm sure it a has to do with the 16,000 photos in the 'Camera' folder. When loading the folder from the gallery it's also fine so I'm guessing it's a change in the API for third-party apps to access storage.

Is there an app or an easy method to move a bunch of images to new folders all at once, or can switch the folder that the camera writes to?

It's not a huge deal but when I have to upload a dozen photos in succession where I have to keep reloading the Camera folder the extra seconds get annoying.
if there's a way to do that, I'm unaware. I usually spent a few minutes at the end of a day, moving all of the photos I took into the appropriate folders.

Sent from my SM-S908U1

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

when i have to take a bunch of pics at work to show vehicle damage, i go into the camera folder, select all the pics i want to move to my work folder, select more at the bottom, then move to, and then select the folder when they all show up