changing the gps location

davidson777

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
i just purchased the NBA league pass on my droid and it works amazing, watching all the games exept for the one I want to watch, because it is blacked out in my local market. The system uses my gps to locate me and blackouts games accordingly. Does any one know of a way to manualy change my gps location so my phone thinks I am not in oregon so I can watch my blazers play?

Mar 31, 2010
www.brandongoodman.com
in the system settings under, "Applications", then "Development", there is a check box for "Allow Mock Locations" I would guess that if you can manually set a location, that option would be a big part of the equation...

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It's so that not everyone in Portland is streaming the game to their phone from Verizon's 3G bogging down the network for those who aren't. Can't say I agree, especially if you still can't watch when on wifi, but I understand why they did it.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That has nothing to do with VZW. Sports games are always blacked out in their home cities/regions when the home game isn't sold out. Or otherwise suitably filled. Bascially, if the team doesn't have particular number of people at the game they will not air the game to force you to have to GO to the game to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus