Changing the way zoom works on android.

uandc

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to change the pinch zoom, so the location and the gesture would be in a specific spot with specific motion to zoom in (go up) and zoom out (go down) like this:

http://i62.tinypic.com/ose3cp.jpg

and it would zoom in and out in the middle of a the screen kind of like google maps

If there is way how about presetting the zoom percentage so if my gesture idea worked I can preset the range of zoom . Would this work across the board or needs programming in each app?

I can see this very useful when holding a stylus in right hand and doing quick zoom in and out with left hand.

If impossible maybe there is a way to use a pie control where each section of the pie is mapped with a zoom function so you can progressively zoom in and out.

Cheers

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to change the pinch zoom, so the location and the gesture would be in a specific spot with specific motion to zoom in (go up) and zoom out (go down) like this:

http://i62.tinypic.com/ose3cp.jpg

and it would zoom in and out in the middle of a the screen kind of like google maps

If there is way how about presetting the zoom percentage so if my gesture idea worked I can preset the range of zoom . Would this work across the board or needs programming in each app?

I can see this very useful when holding a stylus in right hand and doing quick zoom in and out with left hand.

If impossible maybe there is a way to use a pie control where each section of the pie is mapped with a zoom function so you can progressively zoom in and out.

Cheers
I'm not sure that there is a way to customize the zoom action as you would like. However, most zooming (photos, maps, websites, etc.) can also be done by double tapping the screen (hold on the second tap) and move up or down. This can be done anywhere on the screen and also zooms in/out without having to pinch-to-zoom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz