Chargers

brianbrod

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Coming from the Droid Turbo 2 I have multiple car and home Qualcomm 2.0 Chargers. Is it okay to add the USB type-c adapter to them and use them?

frozenchosin

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
That's what I did a couple weeks ago when I upgraded from a Droid Turbo to the Pixel XL...bought a 4-pack of Anker USB-C adapters and just attached them to my various microUSB cords. Power charging and data connectivity have worked perfectly, no issues.

Go Blue

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
As previously noted, that should work fine. I have used the Samsung charges, and block charger, using adapters, and they have worked also. May not charge as fast, but they work.

I did some more research on this issue, and found a great source of info. Not surprisingly (or -- maybe surprisingly) -- chargers are not chargers, and cables are not cables.

The link below is to a site that provides an incredible resource of information regarding chargers, and in particular USB C chargers, and the conformance (or non-conformance) to the USB C spec, and the potential for many of the non-OEM chargers to cause damage to phones. This made a believer out of me, and steered me toward the Google chargers, despite the cost. There is also analysis of related cables.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vnpEXfo2HCGADdd9G2x9dMDWqENiY2kgBJUu29f_TX8/pubhtml#

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Coming from the Droid Turbo 2 I have multiple car and home Qualcomm 2.0 Chargers. Is it okay to add the USB type-c adapter to them and use them?

I think it should be fine. The only thing i would be conceded about is if you purchased a random no name brand charger for $4 lol. I'm just weary of using those things. Just make sure the USB-C adapter is from a legitimate source and you should be good to go!

At the end of the day, a charge is a charger. Just make sure the output from the charger isn't too high for the phone to accept.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi