Charging on kickstand...

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
I know this was stated in some threads but I wanted to get some thoughts on this. So I want to be able to have my Tbolt set on the kickstand horizontally and be able to charge it while I sleep..So I ordered a L-shaped usb cable to see if that will work. Any other ideas?

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I know this was stated in some threads but I wanted to get some thoughts on this. So I want to be able to have my Tbolt set on the kickstand horizontally and be able to charge it while I sleep..So I ordered a L-shaped usb cable to see if that will work. Any other ideas?

You could wait and see if they release a dock for it.

Either that or drill a hole in whatever surface the TB will be resting on.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was actually going to get an L shaped USB cable and mold a custom "dock" to keep the phone level with the USB cable in place. Maybe toss on a magnet to make it switch to docked mode, if it has that feature.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you'd need an almost U shaped, or 270* angle, connector. When the phone leans back on the kickstand, that means the connector will need to curve further around the phone to not inter fear with how the phone sits on a table top.

On top of that, if the connector is thick in any way, it is going to have the screen sitting on an angle with the right side higher than the left. This is indeed poor design, but I will not be deterred by the one oversight.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I think you'd need an almost U shaped, or 270* angle, connector. When the phone leans back on the kickstand, that means the connector will need to curve further around the phone to not inter fear with how the phone sits on a table top.

On top of that, if the connector is thick in any way, it is going to have the screen sitting on an angle with the right side higher than the left. This is indeed poor design, but I will not be deterred by the one oversight.

ding ding ding!!! we have a winner!

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was actually going to get an L shaped USB cable and mold a custom "dock" to keep the phone level with the USB cable in place. Maybe toss on a magnet to make it switch to docked mode, if it has that feature.

Hmmmm, I know someone has already designed something like that - it is called the ezeStand. I don't know about you, but I don't have any plastic injection molding systems just lying around.