charging port

jgvCakes

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
So my s5 got wet a few days ago it wasn't turning on or anything, so I left it in rice for 2 days and everything started working. But apparently the water damage was worse than i thought it was bc it doesn't charge, I've tried different chargers different batteries and nothing. Is this a thing that can be fixed?

Posted via the Android Central App

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
So my s5 got wet a few days ago it wasn't turning on or anything, so I left it in rice for 2 days and everything started working. But apparently the water damage was worse than i thought it was bc it doesn't charge, I've tried different chargers different batteries and nothing. Is this a thing that can be fixed?

Looks like it's a big pain in the ****, because you have to remove the screen to change the port according to iFixit (boooo Samsung). You might want to either buy an extra battery with an external charger, or a wireless charging back and Qi charger. Tho first definitely try to vacuum out the charging port and possibly clean it with 91% isopropyl alcohol...and I'm sure you've tried a different cord and charger too.