Charging problems?

wonton2049

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that their EVo takes forever to charge? I use badass battery monitor to keep percentage and estimates for the battery life and it works well. On some days, I charge it up twice a day and notice that it takes 4 hours for the orange charging light to turn green. The other night, I charged the battery at 57% (half bars) and still took 2.5 hours to charge.

Battery life is great and so is the phone. Only glitches/problems since getting it have been light leak at the bottom of the screen, the productivity scene calendar settings not ignoring the right calendars and now this charging issue.

I wasnt going to exchange it but I'm paranoid that the charging issue may become something worse down the line.

Anyone else notice the slow charge? I only noticed it because I'm awake when the phone is being charged (the phone is not in use when charging). Sprint tech support doesnt have a list of common problems yet but are collecting data supposedly when people call in.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It also hangs at 99 for awhile abnormally long for me as well. Takes a good amount of time to charge compared to og EVO that's for sure. But the good battery life may be a product of the slow charge?

Anyone familiar with the old sbc kernels? Well maybe HTC took note?

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Its normal for the charge to take longer as the battery gets closer to full. If you ever used "battery monitor widget" on the og evo you would notice that your battery charges at its slowest during the last 10-15%.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Its normal for the charge to take longer as the battery gets closer to full. If you ever used "battery monitor widget" on the og evo you would notice that your battery charges at its slowest during the last 10-15%.

Right. I've just never had one hang out at 99% for so long. I don't see it as a problem or anything to worry about. Just something to anticipate. It also may be something that changes as more duty cycles are put on the battery.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When the battery is lower then 80% it does more of a rapid charge. Uses more current. When the device gets close to a full battery, 15-20% left it will start to slow down its charge and eventually shut off, let it discharge then re-charge when its down to 95%. At least this has been the norm for past HTC devices.

Muffspring18

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the same type of problem. It takes slower to charge than my OG Evo but I charge it overnight and then use it during the day. So far it has lasted me the entire day so I have no problems with it charging slow.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the battery conditioning procedure? Worked pretty good on the og EVO. It had a different issue where it dropped from 100 to 85 pretty quick though. Just wondering if anyone had tried it yet and what results they got?

For those who aren't familiar with the battery conditioning: Charge ur phone while on til the light is green. Unplug the charger until light goes off. Replug it until light goes green again. Repeat about 5x. Turn phone off. Do same thing until time between amber red to green is almost nill. Turn phone back on....

Idk it it's good to do with the evolte or not. Someone enlighten us?

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the battery conditioning procedure? Worked pretty good on the og EVO. It had a different issue where it dropped from 100 to 85 pretty quick though. Just wondering if anyone had tried it yet and what results they got?

For those who aren't familiar with the battery conditioning: Charge ur phone while on til the light is green. Unplug the charger until light goes off. Replug it until light goes green again. Repeat about 5x. Turn phone off. Do same thing until time between amber red to green is almost nill. Turn phone back on....

Idk it it's good to do with the evolte or not. Someone enlighten us?

generally called bump charging

I haven't tried yet, but it seems my battery is too "fresh" at the moment, because if i insert the usb (AC) back in after its green, there is no period where it is amber.

Maybe after more cycles, it will need a bump charge, but not atm.

im currently timing a charge from 0 to 100% (while off/on AC) to see how long it will take. i thought 2 hours would be good, but im at 2:16 now and no green yet.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
@ 99% for awhile. Started charging two hours ago while @ 40%. Think 3 hours is about the time it took last night to go from 15% to 100%. Last 1% took 20 minutes though.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
generally called bump charging

I haven't tried yet, but it seems my battery is too "fresh" at the moment, because if i insert the usb (AC) back in after its green, there is no period where it is amber.

Same thing here. I tried it after recalling doing that for my OG Evo, and it went straight to green.

I have noticed that, often, when charging at 99%, Battery Monitor Widget often says it's discharging rather than charging, which could be why it's taking so long between 99% and 100%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirginiaMaeHandy