charging ridiculously slow

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I see you are a new user here - welcome to Android Central! A few suggestions/things to consider:

- does the same charging issue persist in Safe Mode? If it doesn't, then perhaps an app is at fault.
--> do you have any battery apps, Clean Master-esque apps, or launchers installed?

- are you using the charger and cable that came with your Pixel 2 XL?

- does this charging issue happen every time you charge your Pixel?

- are you running the latest software on your phone?

- as a last resort, as long as all of your important information is backed up, attempting a factory reset may help

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
hi, yes to all above what u have mentioned. I don't want to do a factory reset really. I've read other forums and seen this (Choetech 5V 3A charger and Onite USB C cable) mentioned which supposedly charges very fast.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
If charging has just slowed down recently, check your USB-C port first for impacted pocket lint before buying anything. If the charger itself is getting very hot while charging, it may be on its way out. Or the cable could be shorting out. When in doubt, contact either Verizon or Google support depending on where you got the phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my pixel 2 XL charges really slow. Say from 20% to fully charged can take 4 hours. Is my phone, charger or cable at fault?

Does it claim to be rapid charging when plugged in?

It could be anyone of those causing the problem. You would have to try different chargers or cables to them out.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the phone (even simply having the screen on, but idle) while trying to charge? The Pixel 2XL is made by LG, which is notorious for throttling charge rates while the phone is in use or even having the screen on. If you are using the phone while charging, try turning the screen off and letting it charge. Make sure it's cool too, as LG also throttles if you so much as breath on it while you have a fever.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
it's very rare that I use it while it's charging. Also thought if the case is on while charging this could have an impact of slowing it down. my old nexus 6p is much much quicker than my 2 XL. I've tried the nexus charger but it makes no difference

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
it's very rare that I use it while it's charging. Also thought if the case is on while charging this could have an impact of slowing it down. my old nexus 6p is much much quicker than my 2 XL. I've tried the nexus charger but it makes no difference

Have you tried safe mode to see if it charges faster?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The charger that came with my Pixel 2 XL is very noticeably faster than any of my other chargers. If your supplied charger isn't noticeably faster, something isn't right. I can usually fully charge in well under 2 hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twine