Choose a photo from somewhere other than Gallery

jlinpa

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a few apps on my phone that allow me to choose a photo and then do something with it, e.g. editing. When I try to choose a photo, I used to get two options: 1) choose from Dropbox and 2) choose from Gallery. But at one point, I chose a photo from the Gallery and also checked the "default" checkbox. Since then, whenever I try to choose a photo, I don't see the two options anymore, it always takes me directly to the Gallery.

When I checked the "default" checkbox, I had assumed that there must have been a setting somewhere that would allow me to undo what I've done so that the Gallery would no longer be the default option and when choosing a photo, I would still get to see two options: Dropbox and Gallery. But I searched all the places I could think of and still couldn't find such setting.

Can anyone please let me know where such setting is?

The phone I use is Samsung Galaxy S4 and the OS version is Android 4.2.2.

Thanks,
Jiang

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a few apps on my phone that allow me to choose a photo and then do something with it, e.g. editing. When I try to choose a photo, I used to get two options: 1) choose from Dropbox and 2) choose from Gallery. But at one point, I chose a photo from the Gallery and also checked the "default" checkbox. Since then, whenever I try to choose a photo, I don't see the two options anymore, it always takes me directly to the Gallery.

When I checked the "default" checkbox, I had assumed that there must have been a setting somewhere that would allow me to undo what I've done so that the Gallery would no longer be the default option and when choosing a photo, I would still get to see two options: Dropbox and Gallery. But I searched all the places I could think of and still couldn't find such setting.

Can anyone please let me know where such setting is?

The phone I use is Samsung Galaxy S4 and the OS version is Android 4.2.2.

Thanks,
Jiang

Welcome to the forums.
Go to settngs-apps and one of two options. Menu to Clear all defaults, or try gallery and click clear defaults.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
A good piece of advice... Clear Defaults and/or Clear Data/Cache fixes a lot of problems with unruly apps. Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10, somebody will often recommend a factory reset when it's not necessary.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta