Cleanmaster?

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my Note today and noticed that Cleanmaster had been installed on it according to the activity log. I didn't install it. Anybody know what is going on here?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how it got there (carrier bloat?), but your best bet is to uninstall it. At best it's worthless.

(If it were mine, I'd bring it back, make a firm complaint that it's a used device and insist on a new one.)

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I think you misunderstood. I have had it for over a year now. I didn't mean I picked it up from the store. I just meant I picked it up from the table. Also, it is only a wifi device. No carrier. I didn't know if it was something Samsung was adding.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you have accidentally installed it with/from another app. You should check from Play store which Cleanmaster you have... if i dont remember wrong there was a fake cleanmaster once and it was a malware...

Sent from OPO.

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I finally figured out it came from the Galaxy App store, not Google Play or some nefarious source. I forgot that I installed it. I guess the thing that sent my radar up was that it said "installed", not "updated" in my activity log. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teneika lee