Clearing cache

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Just curious is this really necessary. I see a lot of comments on going to an app and clearing the cache.
Does this need to be done? What are the benefits? Not having any problems, just more curious.
Thanks

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Not having any problems, just more curious.
Does holding the power botton down and choosing restart really clear the cache?

By the way Fatboy, thanks again for the harley stuff....I'm a shovelhead guy!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Not having any problems, just more curious.
Does holding the power botton down and choosing restart really clear the cache?

By the way Fatboy, thanks again for the harley stuff....I'm a shovelhead guy!

Powering down the device Might clear the cache... some cache will stick around just like it does on your PC until you clear the cache like on your browser... but do you really want to power down your device or reboot your device just to clear one minor problem... shouldn't have to. Clearing cache is much quicker.

Glad you like the HD stuff... the Shovelhead engine behind the HD symbol was a very cool wallpaper... I recently learned a few new tricks with my image layering, so I might add a new image to my HD collection soon.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just curious is this really necessary. I see a lot of comments on going to an app and clearing the cache.
Does this need to be done? What are the benefits? Not having any problems, just more curious.
Thanks

It's not necessary just for GPs. However, it sometimes cures issues with certain apps. Especially after you might have updated an app. Occasionally, some of the older cache is not readable/compatible with the newer version of the app. Clearing it just lets you start over and often fixes app issues.

-Frank