clockwork can't mount sdcard

luke949

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I fairly new to this rooting business but I am willing to learn anything I can.
Anyways I ran into a problem. After rooting my phone, I flashed cwm via Odin and got rom manager to flash the recovery. I then downloaded the blackhole rom 4.01 I believe by sonofskywalker through rom manager. After installing, whenever I go into the green text cwm, I can't seem to mount my sdcard. I am attempting to install a clock for my status bar, sas the super darker theme doesn't have a clock in the status bar. When I choose install. Zip from sdcard through cwm, I get an error saying it can't mount sdcard and that it is disabled or busy. I apologize in advanced if I come off as a newbie. Thank you very much.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I fairly new to this rooting business but I am willing to learn anything I can.
Anyways I ran into a problem. After rooting my phone, I flashed cwm via Odin and got rom manager to flash the recovery. I then downloaded the blackhole rom 4.01 I believe by sonofskywalker through rom manager. After installing, whenever I go into the green text cwm, I can't seem to mount my sdcard. I am attempting to install a clock for my status bar, sas the super darker theme doesn't have a clock in the status bar. When I choose install. Zip from sdcard through cwm, I get an error saying it can't mount sdcard and that it is disabled or busy. I apologize in advanced if I come off as a newbie. Thank you very much.

This is a symptom of the old cwm (green) there is a new cwm (red) that is required for use with froyo...

Green CWM had issues with incorrect mounting and file locations.. See post here.
It is post #3. I have helped at least three people through a recovery of a crashed phone after trying to install Blackhole..

I would advise installing a different rom (DL30 leak, superclean 1.0 or RubicS).. They have less likelihood of problems.

Suggestion: Install new CWM (red) clear cache and wipe phone and start over with a new rom..

If you continue to get mount issues you will have to format your sd card. Pull your files to the computer first.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

thats because you are using the wrong cwm. you need to be on the new red cwm. there is a thread called new cwm. you will find the link there. delete the update.zip off your sd card, drop the new update.zip and flash the froyo_cwm via odin. now when you boot into recovery it will be red. do not flash cwm with rom manager.

let us know how it turns out.

if you have trouble finding the link let us know and i or some one else will find it for ya.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a symptom of the old cwm (green) there is a new cwm (red) that is required for use with froyo...

Green CWM had issues with incorrect mounting and file locations.. See post here.
It is post #3. I have helped at least three people through a recovery of a crashed phone after trying to install Blackhole..

I would advise installing a different rom (DL30 leak, superclean 1.0 or RubicS).. They have less likelihood of problems.

Suggestion: Install new CWM (red) clear cache and wipe phone and start over with a new rom..

If you continue to get mount issues you will have to format your sd card. Pull your files to the computer first.

aw, you beat me to it!!!