com.android.mms force closes now - can't send SMS/MMS

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have:

Super Clean .09 DL30
Flat Black Theme
GoSMS

So last night I send a text and it works fine. Literally 5 min later, all my outgoing SMS's just hang in GoSMS. I open the stock MSGer app and try it there, and it force closes com.android.mms. I reboot, and as soon as my desktop gets initialized it force closes again. I try this a few more times, same result. I have not installed any new software or anything recently. I did d/l Words but that FC's all the time.

This is driving me nuts. I finally got my phone to a place where I was content and didn't have to flash it every day!

Any idears?

gunnertracker

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Same issues, and interestingly enough, same SMS app.

I have:

Vanillla Tazz v28
ADW Launcher
GoSMS

I tried using my Titanium Backup data, but it didn't work. Hope someone has incite.

JettaStorm97

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I just started having this problem. I am running stock froyo rooted and de-bloated. Seems to have happened since the last couple updates.

any info would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

JettaStorm97

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So after an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support. The fix for this issue is a certified pre-owned Droid X or Incredible. if anyone is curious.

JettaStorm97

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Update: Found that if you replace bloat and unroot, problem is resolved. I do beieve the issue is more with root than bloat. Not sure why. Problem resolved after unroot, but was still there after re-bloat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tellu