Coming over to the dark side with ???s

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks:

OK, so now I've about had it with my under performing and always looking for work arounds Playbook... and Torch 9800 ........
So now I'm looking at the Sammy G-III since upgrade window for me is this fall .... I'm w/ATT and am looking for a 10" tab since three months of use demonstrated that the 7" is not a good fit for me.

So all that said can the Samsung tab 10" (bear w/me there are so many stinking model numbers it makes my head explode) tether w/ the or any droid phone on the ATT plan?
OK, here's the tab, had to go to the sammy site: Samsung Galaxy Tab? 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 16GB

I'm still grandfathered w/unlimited and my use is very low.... Although I do not do graphics per se on occasion I do like to take photos of my targets and enter data like ammo brand yards weather conditions etc. Are there apps for minor graphic editing or by default part of the native apps?

Thanks for helping out a rookie but it seems that my patience with RIMM has been exhausted and I do not want anyone to jump on a bashing post please we all have out own good/bad experiences with different pieces of electronics. So this is not to bash just sharing that after many years accustomed one brand of how 'their' devices work the droid market is a new experience for me.

WHy tether? On occasion we travel and would like to use GPS but if this is a ATT extra data plan, then I will just butch up and buy a new GPS since I sold my last one thinking my Torch was going to be all that Ha....

OK, I"ll check back later today and go work on my truck thanks dude & dudettes.... ;)

Last edited:

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My brother from another mother. I upgraded from a torch to an Optimus six months ago and from my playbook to my ASUS tablet last week. Not sure about ATT data plans, on tmobile I use mifi or whatever they call it and turn my phone into a wifi hotspot for my tablet with the click of one button for a very reasonable price.

Works like champ.

Now to sell my playbook.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
LMAO.... :D HA thanks for your help.... good to know about tethering working out for you gives me hope.... I've read so much about tabs I forgot which 'new' model was made of plastic case and its predecessor had a metal case. The plastic case gave it better WiFi response. Anyway for now I seem stuck on Samsung but not locked into it. The 64gig fits the bill for my audio books while working. Helps tune out co-workers while pounding away on my database projects! lol..

Just want to get a descent 10" tab and phone. Hopefully the GS-III will reduce in price by the fall. :cool:

The wife has the Galaxy SR and it rocks compared to my Torch (Hmm maybe it needs to be torched? ha!) So, I'm thinking the GS-III will last me a long time.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDP