Considering buying a 16 GB version from playstore

techisking

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
First I wanted to ask if there are better offers around that's less than 350 (phone is more than 6 months old after-all). Second, does anyone know, if I get it and bring it over to T-Mobile will I be able to put that unlimited web/text+100 mins 30 dollar plan on it? Also, has anyone rooted it to have LTE, and if so, how is your experience with it?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
First I wanted to ask if there are better offers around that's less than 350 (phone is more than 6 months old after-all). Second, does anyone know, if I get it and bring it over to T-Mobile will I be able to put that unlimited web/text+100 mins 30 dollar plan on it? Also, has anyone rooted it to have LTE, and if so, how is your experience with it?

As far as value goes, 350 is hard to beat for everything the N4 has to offer. You can definitely get it cheaper if you were to buy used (Craigslist, Ebay, Swappa) but to me it would be worth a few extra bucks to have it brand new and have a warranty through Google/LG. Unfortunately I have no T-Mobile coverage in my area or I would have jumped on that 30 dollar plan a long time ago. As far as I know you can use the Google Play N4 with that plan since it is the exact same version that T-Mobile sells. I know that if you head over to the N4 forums on xda you will see a couple of threads with users who have done the LTE hack and you can base your judgement's on that. Good luck in deciding!

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As far as value goes, 350 is hard to beat for everything the N4 has to offer. You can definitely get it cheaper if you were to buy used (Craigslist, Ebay, Swappa) but to me it would be worth a few extra bucks to have it brand new and have a warranty through Google/LG. Unfortunately I have no T-Mobile coverage in my area or I would have jumped on that 30 dollar plan a long time ago. As far as I know you can use the Google Play N4 with that plan since it is the exact same version that T-Mobile sells. I know that if you head over to the N4 forums on xda you will see a couple of threads with users who have done the LTE hack and you can base your judgement's on that. Good luck in deciding!

And with places like Craiglist, the guarantee might be something like , "if the phone breaks in half, you get to keep both halves". I like buying things from a reputable source, and knowing that during the warranty period, it will be backed by a reliable company.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Firstly, I concur with the others above - best value in phones is the N4 and it is worth getting the BNIB experience through Google Play.

Secondly my Play purchased N4 has no problems running on T-Mo. No worries there.

Lastly - on that $30 prepaid plan... Surprisingly, the answers are YES you can use LTE if your phone is enabled and LTE for T-Mo is in your area. :eek: I would have thought it was H+ only, but did the research and all answers point to LTE. :D

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just bought mine (16GB) off of craigslist for $200.

I hope you don't have problems with it.

Other than a few scratches on screen and body, the phone is working just fine.

syang, I hope this doesn't happen to you, but...

A hazard on Craig's List, eBay etc... For current release phones is that yes it works now, but when the seller doesn't pay their bill at the end of the month the phone that was still on contract when sold gets black listed...

Good Luck. :)

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
We bought 2 n4's from the Play store. It was the cheapest price ($350) 10 weeks ago. They work fine on TMobile, but we are using their family plan with + 2.5 gb added on. We are thinking of changeing plans depending upon our usage. I want to get a 6 months average for comparison. TMobile helped us port our ATT and Verizon numbers over. We're happy with everything so far.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have passed over the HTC One, Xperia Z, SGS4, Moto X, and will also pass over the LGG2 in favor of choosing to stay with my Nexus so take how happy I am with it from that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaylebarts7